RE: arsclist Assistance for Armenian Ethnomusicology Archive

It would seem from the discussion up to now that our friends in Armenia will be better off with European equipment rather than something originally made for use in North America. And as has been noted, there's plenty of good used equipment out there.

I wonder whether it might be possible or practical to find a grant to buy this equipment -- does the Gulbenkian Foundation still do that kind of thing? Or perhaps UNESCO?

John Ross
Northwest Folklife
Seattle