Re: arsclist RE: Technics SP-15 Turntables

I've always had to drill out the base behind the supplied cut-out to get the
overhang right for SME 3012s on the Technics.  Their bases are prepared for
their own EPA arm.

Just did this on a Neumark Pro TT-II.  Half an inch back, then remounted.
Made a difference when tracking inner grooves close to the label.  Actually,
I had this done at a machine shop- my metalworking skills ain't what they
used to was.  This turntable is for 12" only but is otherwse fine for 78s as
well as LPs and readily available.

Newmark claims it's mouned arm meets stardards, whatever they may be.  I
coundn't get the Shure V15vxMR to meet the protractor arc without this
little operation.

>From which I learned that you need to measure with the cartridge installed
before mounting an arm.

Steve Smolian