Re: arsclist Paper/Ink interaction with CDs studies?

At 09:47 PM 10/3/2002 -1000, Eric Nagamine wrote:
Does anyone know if any research has been done in regards to how types
of paper, toner or ink jet ink interact with CD's and if it affects
deterioration/longevity of discs? If anyone can point me to articles on
the subject, it would be most appreciated.

May I suggest that the question is too broad to be answered easily?

Chheck at Media Sciences - http://www.mscience.com/ - for information on writing on or printing to discs themselves. I have already reported that a company complained when I sent a disc in for detailed analysis: the commercial paper envelope I used had scratched the polycarbonate enough to disturb (but not to invalidate) the testing.

Since neither paper nor ink is a uniform product, please identify which materials and in what application you mean in order for someone with knowledge to assist.

Mike

mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/