arsclist A question about video apparati for use in Kenya

Dear List Folk,

I am forwarding a question from a friend of mine.  I
will pass on any advice any of you could share.
Thanks again for your help.

             Brian Levy

from Richard Grounds:
> quick question
> (which may not merit a quick answer)
> trying to find a price for a Television/VCR
> combination that is in the PAL system and can be
> plugged into an automobile cigarette lighter
> the cigerette lighter would be in Kenya (for the
> Maasai girl-child education project) so it would
> need to fit that voltage system (which, I think, is
> different than the US-standard auto voltage?)
> anyway, if you have quick ideas on finding such
> info, let me know...
> thot you might enjoy such a strange question/puzzle
> want to do some fundraising for acquiring such an
> oddity whether purchased in Kenya or Europe...

=====
Brian Levy
Language Activist; Archivist
Kiwat Hasinay Foundation