arsclist New Position

Title: New Position

Following is my new address information (if I sent this several weeks ago before I changed positions, please accept my apologies).

The Archives of African American Music and Culture (http://www.indiana.edu/~aaamc/), established in 1991, is a repository of materials covering various musical idioms and cultural expressions from the post-World War II era, including interviews & oral histories, photographs, musical and print manuscripts, audio and video recordings, and educational broadcast programs.

We are actively collecting sound recordings, films, and videos of African American popular music, in particular those that build upon the strengths of our many special collections: Black radio programs, gospel, Motown, R & B, rap, hip-hop, and other contemporary genres.

Since these genres are pretty far removed from my previous work with classical music, I welcome any advice and input from fellow ARSC and ARSClist members, not to mention donations of the above.

Thanks,
Brenda

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
Head of Collections
Indiana University
Archives of African American Music & Culture
Smith Research Center, Suite 180-181
2805 E. 10th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
812-855-7530