Re: arsclist Ampex 541

Hi, Jeff,

I, too, am nervous with this. I did chill (in the home fridge) in sealed bags with silica gel one reel of tape that had oxide adhering to the next layer's backing. It solved the problem (at least enough to play the tape).

I let it soak in the fridge with the desiccant for two weeks and then let it come up to room temp for about two weeks as well.

Not a scientific test.

I'd only try one reel of this. I don't think it will make it worse.

Cheers,

Richard