DATs, Was Re: arsclist Duplicating casette tapes

Long-term stability of DAT seems poorly documented. I have read anecdotal reports which lead me to question it. For the same reason, I am leery of suggesting any DVD format, though that would allow still higher sampling rates.

Mike

mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/

Do you have any specifics or sources for the anecdotal reports? I am interested because we are doing our archiving to DAT--given that the shelf-life of CDs, and therefore, presumably, DVDs is really an unknown.

Barbara

--
-