Re: arsclist Duplicating casette tapes

Title: Re: arsclist Duplicating casette tapes
I think you'll get better results doing real-time duplication (or 2x at the most) in a Sony or perhaps Kenwood (I'm not sure of their current models, I have a good older model) or Teac dual-well deck.

We use both a Marantz PMD510 and a Sony TC-WR11ES dual deck for dubbing cassettes. I like the Sony because it has a pause button--we do a lot of copying from multiple sources.

However, you might also consider copying them to CD-R rather than other cassettes.

Or you might consider doing what we do: original recordings on DAT (you can record at 48 KHz on DAT, you only get 44.1 on CD). The material could be backed up to DAT, or captured on a computer.

Barbara Need
Language Labs and Archives
University of Chicago

I use a Nakamichi Dragon for cassette playback and a pair of Sony CDRW33 machines for recording. That will extract as much quality as you can hope for.

http://www.vignettesmedia.com/

Cheers,

Richard