Re: arsclist Digital knowledge preservation

On 18-Jun-02, joe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Perhaps in the future there will be programs for removing artifacts
> and "restoring" fidelity to MP3 files, just as there are now programs
> for removing noise from vintage analog audio sources. I'd prefer to
> store at optimal parameters myself, whatever that is.

Probably 24/96 stereo, especially for old recordings. You need to have
both groove walls for click removal.

But 16/44.1 will do if the levels are critically set so that it really
is 16 bit.

There's no reason to expect a digital transfer to take up much less
storage space than an analog original.

Regards
--
Don Cox