arsclist Fwd: Dogged Researcher Needed

FYI

We're working on a new edition of THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF RECORDED SOUND, and have a
list of about 200 or so names of people -- mostly scientists, record company
execs, and early performers (mostly American but some European)--for whom we
have incomplete birth and death dates. We've tried the usual sources -- i.e.,
Groves, Bakers, Social Security Death Index, Google search, Britannica, etc. --
and have come up empty.

We're looking for a grad student or dogged person who is interested in helping
track down as much of the missing info as possible. This will probably involve
writing for death certificates, etc.

If you are interested, please contact me offline. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Richard Carlin
Executive Editor, Music and Dance
Routledge Publishing
917-351-7123 (phone)
212-563-2269 (fax)
29 W 35th St.
New York, NY 10001
RCARLIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (email)

David Seubert, Curator Performing Arts Collection Davidson Library Special Collections University of California Santa Barbara, CA 93106 (805) 893-5444 Fax (805) 893-5749 mailto:seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.library.ucsb.edu/speccoll/pa/

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.