Re: arsclist Irradiation of mail

4 months ago.

Which last explains it. Extraordinary measures have been introduced since September, particularly to New York and Washington, DC. I understand several major firms have switched to alternate delivery services due to the anti-anthrax mechanisms.

Well, pardon me if I'm understanding things wrong here, but I was under the impression that the irradiation in question was specifically the irradiation being done after September 11th and wasn't an issue beforehand. So pre-Sept 11th was never an issue in this discussion. The post office wasn't irradiating mail before that date from what I have read.

----------------- Diamond Productions Specializing in analog tape preservation / restoration in the digital domain. Dave Bradley President

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.