RE: arsclist Gold Audio CDR

I buy SILVER Mitsuis in spindles and GOLD Mitsuis in Jewel Cases.

Let me concur that handling the SPINDLES decreases reliability. I have never had a problem with the GOLD Mitsuis. I have never had a problem with SILVER Mitsuis in JEWEL cases. I have had a few problems with SILVER Mitsuis from the spindles. Probably my bad in dealing with them, but I don't consider spindle-based CDRs acceptable for archival transfers.

(isn't it nice when competitors agree <smile>)

Cheers,

Richard
Vignettes Media
Glendale, CA
http://www.vignettesmedia.com

PS -- Why do I buy the silvers at all? Because I can't see spending the money on the gold to send a one-song demo to 30 radio stations, for example. The silvers will play fine, but might not be quite as pristine due to the dust mostly. Oh, and I have lots of single jewel boxes left over as I do many 2-CD sets in dual jewel cases.