RE: arsclist Gold Audio CDR

In tests that I've done, using Clover Systems CD analysis systems, gold CD's
tend to have overall lower error rates. There is an exception to this that I
recently found though. We got a bulk batch (not in cases) of Mitsui discs
and the error rates were consistently and amazingly higher than those that
were sent in cases. We ended up ditching the 200 CD's that were bulk. Not
one of them showed decent error rates. This could be attributed to a number
of factors, but it is certainly something to be aware of the next time you
purchase your CDs.

Another reason that we use gold CD's is that we offer our clients multiple
CD copies. The basic idea is that they are different manufacturers and
different chemical and material makeups. If one company is doing something
"wrong" in the manufacturing process or the makeup of a particular brand of
CD is faulty then hopefully another manufacturer is not making the same
mistake.

At this point Mitsui gold CD's are the only reliable gold CD's that are
still being manufactured that I have found.

What information do you have that supports your statement that silver cd's
"seem much better"?

Take care.

Chris Lacinak
Audio Production Manager