arsclist cross-post from non-member needing services

Hello, list,

This is John Spencer from Otari Corp.  I received an e-mail today from someone who could use the services of a company that can attempt to recover some audio on a cassette tape..............please contact this person directly, good luck, and I'll see everyone in May for the conference!!
-John Spencer
VP Sales and Marketing
Otari Corp.
www.otari.com
I wonder if you can answer a question for me.  We have a very important cassette tape that had recorded telephone conversations which will be needed for an upcoming court case.  Somehow, each time we played them they got shorter and shorter...........it seems that they have been recorded over with blank sound (no static, just nothing).  Is it possible to recover the recorded voices from those tapes and who would we contact to do that.  We have already called Radio Shack and they suggested a local stereo repair guy, but he knows nothing.
I got your name from surfing the web using Sound Forensics as the search term.  It is absolutely critical that we recover these conversations as irrefutable evidence in this case.  Any suggestions or directions you could provide into how we might restore these tapes would be most appreciated.  WE are willing to take them or send them anywhere to get this accomplished.  We will await your reply.................

Lynda McKim
440 Stone Crest Avenue
Bowling Green, Kentucky
USA   42101