Re: arsclist Kodak is stopping CD-R manufacture !?

Mitsui is custom-manufacturing 80-minute discs marketed under the Klone brand name by http://www.am-dig.com

I ran the software that checks who made the discs and it does indeed say Mitsui.

Cheers,

Richard

At 08:28 AM 3/11/2002 -0600, you wrote:

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> I received this tonight from American Digital (www.am-dig.com) one of the
> companies I buy a lot from...
>
> ----------
>
> Looks like our oldest and longest active CD-R will soon
> disappear forever. Many of you have heard by now that
> Kodak will stop manufacturing their entire line of CD-Rs.
> A nice disc and a sad day for all the Kodak fans.
>
> Who else makes gold discs? Will Kodak sell their line to someone else? I
> like Mitsuis, but I want another line of premium gold discs.

About a year ago I started having trouble getting the Kodaks. I wrote
Kodak. They said that they would consider manufacturing if there was a
minimum order of 100,000.

I am now using the Mitsui Gold. I can't find any 80 minute gold. I have a
few of the Kodak 80 minute gold left and use those for what we release.

I wonder if there would be enough interest on this list to pool resources
to order 100,000 of the Kodak discs?

Karl

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html