arsclist Kodak is stopping CD-R manufacture !?

I received this tonight from American Digital (www.am-dig.com) one of the companies I buy a lot from...

----------

Looks like our oldest and longest active CD-R will soon
disappear forever. Many of you have heard by now that
Kodak will stop manufacturing their entire line of CD-Rs.
A nice disc and a sad day for all the Kodak fans.

I bought some Quantegy CD-Rs (gold) to have a different brand so that the two copies I'm making for a project were on different brands of discs. When I read the manufacturer code on the disc it turns out they were manufactured by Mitsui. At least I got two different product runs (hopefully).

Who else makes gold discs? Will Kodak sell their line to someone else? I like Mitsuis, but I want another line of premium gold discs.

Thanks!

AAARRRGH,

Richard

Richard L. Hess richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Glendale, CA USA http://www.richardhess.com/ Web page: folk and church music, photography, and broadcast engineering