From: Richard L. Hess [mailto:ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 7 March 2002 17:19
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; AMIA-L@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: arsclist Kodak is stopping CD-R manufacture !?

I received this tonight from American Digital (www.am-dig.com) one of the
companies I buy a lot from...

----------

Looks like our oldest and longest active CD-R will soon
disappear forever. Many of you have heard by now that
Kodak will stop manufacturing their entire line of CD-Rs.
A nice disc and a sad day for all the Kodak fans.

----------

I bought some Quantegy CD-Rs (gold) to have a different brand so that the
two copies I'm making for a project were on different brands of discs. When
I read the manufacturer code on the disc it turns out they were
manufactured by Mitsui. At least I got two different product runs
(hopefully).

Who else makes gold discs? Will Kodak sell their line to someone else? I
like Mitsuis, but I want another line of premium gold discs.

Thanks!

AAARRRGH,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                              richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glendale, CA USA                           http://www.richardhess.com/
Web page: folk and church music, photography, and
                  broadcast engineering

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.