Re: arsclist cylinder frequency range

Thank you George and Peter for you helpful posts. I will certainly take a look at the AES publication.

So far we have found that when compressing files using Quicktime that the less noise in the source, the better the compression works. Given the amount of noise in a cylinder, we are going to have to use some sort of low pass filter or the compressed files will sound terrible. We haven't yet decided what frequency the low pass filter should be at. When our tests are done, results will be posted on our website.

David
David Seubert, Curator
Performing Arts Collection
Davidson Library Special Collections