arsclist resource, BLC Studio

The following is a description of the BLC Recording Studio being sent in response to an email sent by Richard Hess. I hope this may be of value. In particular, the studio has done much archiving, mastering, recording and preservation of languages from around the world, many of which are rarely spoken today. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. Thanks.
--Gina Hotta, recording studio supervisor

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY
Berkeley Language Center

B-40 Dwinelle Hall # 2640
Berkeley, CA 94720-2640
Phone 510-642-0767
Fax 510-642-9183

The Berkeley Language Center
BLC Recording Studio

The Studio offers: digital and analog recording, playback, reproduction, transfer capabilities; high quality voice recording; equipment for playback of various types of recordings; language and some music mastering and archiving; editing, mixing, production for radio and other uses

Loans, Rentals: portable DAT and MiniDisc recorders as well as Sony, Marantz cassette and video recorders; microphones available

Clients: UC Language & Linguistic Departments, UC Office of the President, Berkeley Art Museum, Cal Performances, National Public Radio Enfoque Nacional, CBS, others.

Equipment: Pro Tools, Vegas Audio; analog and digital equipment includes Fostex, Tascam DATs; HHB, Sony MiniDiscs; Ampex, Otari MTR10, MX5050 with 2 and 4 track heads, Sony TC 850 with vari-speed, 2-4 track head, Uhers tapes machines; Denon 720 and Nakamichi tape decks; Technics SLP 700 CD player, Smart & Friendly CD burner; turntables: Rek-O-Kut with vari-speed, Technics Quartz SL1200 with filter; Audiotronics board; compressors, limiters, de-esser, gate, expanders: UREI LA- 4, Symetrix, dbx DDP; Orban parametric eq; Yamaha and JBL monitors; JVC Plug & Play VHS; Sony Hi8 camcorder; microphones: U87i, C451E, Sennheiser MD421, ME40, and more.

Contact: Gina Hotta, studio supervisor 510/642-0767x12
or LL-Stu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx