Re: arsclist LP inner sleeves

Peter,

This looks good. The price quote I got on decent paper liners was something
like $40 per 1,000 vs. $28.20 per 50 for these polyethylene sleeves. I'll
probably get some of both and use the "good stuff" for select treasured and
irreplaceable items. I haven't really surveyed my c. 5,000 disc LP
collection yet to see what percentage is needing sleeve replacement, but
this may determine which course I follow. Tossing every sleeve and laying
out $2,400 to replace them is probably not what I'll end up doing.

Thanks for the info and best wishes,

Peter Hirsch

                    Peter Kiefer
                    <ptk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        To:     ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    owner-ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx       Subject:     Re: arsclist LP inner sleeves
                    hester.edu

                    01/12/2002 11:48 AM
                    Please respond to
                    ARSCLIST

We use anti-static polyethylene sleeves from University Products Inc, 517
Main Street, Holyoke, MA 01041 1-800-628-1912 www.universityproducts.com

At 10:40 AM 1/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Quick question (hope the answer is likewise) -
>
>I'm doing some long overdue maintenance of my personal record collection
>and I need to purchase LP inner sleeves to replace a substantial number of
>missing or damaged sleeves. Do you (and I'm sure you do) have preference
>for vinyl or paper and any specific recommendations?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Peter Hirsch
>Cataloger
>phirsch@xxxxxxxx
>New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
>40 Lincoln Center Plaza
>New York, New York  10023
>(212) 870-1728
>
>-
>For subscription instructions, see the ARSC home page
>http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
>Copyright of individual posting is owned by the author of the posting and
>permission to re-transmit or publish a post must be secured
>from the author of the post.

Peter T. Kiefer, Coordinator
Fred Waring's America Collection
The Pennsylvania State University