arsclist Fwd: Non-member submission from ["Michael Ridderbusch" <mridder@wvu.edu>]

From: "Michael Ridderbusch" <mridder@xxxxxxx>
To: "<"<ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: sound forge--normalization

12/18/01

We're digitally converting analog oral history
tapes to CD with SoundForge 4.5 on a windows
operating system, and would like to "normalize"
signals, since for many of the tapes, it varies from
strong to weak from interviewer to interviewee
(or vice versa) because of poor microphone
placement.

Is it possible to globally "normalize" or compress
levels in SoundForge?  We've tried, but without
luck so far.

Michael

Michael R. Ridderbusch
West Virginia and Regional History Collection
West Virginia University Libraries, Colson Hall
Morgantown, WV  26506-6464

mridder@xxxxxxx
phone 304-293-3536
fax        304-293-3981