Re: arsclist Worldwide VCR/DVD advice

Brenda - I don't have any technical answers, but my archive has a Samsung
SV-5000W multi-system VCR which we use daily and which has been quite
satisfactory. It's idiot-proof, shows you the format of the tape you are
copying as well as the format you are copying to. This might not matter to
you, but we have people bringing in videotapes from all over the world,
often not knowing what system they were recorded in. Copying to VHS (and
Hi8 and S-VHS) is usually very successful, but of course the quality of the
original affects that of the copy.

Laurel