Re: arsclist mold

Hello Marie

On 15-Oct-01, Marie O'Connell wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I am new to this list and was interested in reading about mold and
> ORT's. I work in tape preservation and come across mold, moreso from
> outside collections which we have accessioned due to their historical
> importance to NZ history. One concern I have is that myself and
> another colleague tend to sneeze a lot whilst at work! Is there a
> link?

I'm sure there is, but the healthy human body has good defenses against
common molds, including sneezing.

The important thing is to not be a smoker. Cigarette smoke paralyses the
cilia in the lung passages which should be bringing small particles such
as spores up out of the lungs, should you breathe any in.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx