Re: arsclist Fwd: Studer A 807 - last orders

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of big Otaris.

The Studer, however, is one of the few recorders which interfaces with the
Audio Cube system and for which they have a pre-existing program.  I don't
believe the Otari does.  If you need a machine which functions in this way
with this system, then you need the Studer.

Audio Cube has two web sites- you'll have to track this info down, as I
don't have the addresses to hand.

The Cube program takes statistics on drop-outs, splices, etc- basically on
some elements of the condition of a tape before it is transferred.  I
believe the Studer also has auto azimuth correction, though I'm not certain
if this is true of playback or only is in its system for setting up eq and
bias for tape about to be recorded.  Nor do I know if the Otari MX-15 has
this feature.

Steven Smolian    301-694-5134
Smolian Sound Studios
CDs made from old recordings,