Fwd: Studer A 807 - last orders

[Forwarded from AV-Media matters]
------------------------------

I was informed by Bruno Hochstrasser, Managing Director of Studer, that
production of Studer analogue tape recorders A 807 and A 827 will be
discontinued. However, a last lot will be produced if orders are placed by
31st Augst (local distributers may require an earlier deadline). As the
quantity will be limited, orders will accepted on a first come - first
served basis. Machines ordered will then be delivered by September 2002
latest. Prices will be15% above last list prices.

A 807 is a very attractive quarter inch analogue machine for the replay of
analogue holdings. I am trying to place an order for a replay-only version
with a half-track plus a quarter track head, switchable. The chance to
convince Studer to produce such a special variant would be greater, if a
mumber of such machines will be ordered. Should you wish to join us, please
contact me before 13th August and I will contact Studer on that matter.
Should you wish to order a standard model, please contact your agent.

Please spread this message to other institutions that might be interested.

A 827 multichannel tape recorder is also phasing out (not a real archive
item).

Dietrich Schueller
Chair, IASA TC

(Appologies for multiple information)

Phonogrammarchiv - Austrian Academy of Sciences
Liebiggasse 5, A-1010 Vienna
Phone: +43 1 4277-29601
Fax: +43 1 4277-9296
E-Mail: pha@xxxxxxxxxx
Internet: www.pha.oeaw.ac.at

David Aidan Seubert, Curator Performing Arts Collection Davidson Library Special Collections University of California Santa Barbara, CA 93106 (805) 893-5444 Fax (805) 893-5749 mailto:seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.library.ucsb.edu/speccoll/pa/