cd roms - which are closest to archival quality?

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked many times.  I'm
working for a small but dynamic archives.  We create both analog and
digital "archival"  copies of original recordings to preserve/archive them
and make their contents available for multiple use by scholars and the
communities with whom we work.

My question: which cd rom "standards" are closest to archival quality?
PhthaloCyanine gold-reflective surface?  Are those with blue-dye
reflective surface now comparable? We need to make a rather large purchase
and a good long term decision.  Of course, we are not relying solely on cd
r technology to back up/store our resources.

I very much appreciate your advice; if this discussion is wayyyyy too
familiar, perhaps you could respond to me off-list (scronk@xxxxxxxxxxx).
Thanks for your consideration.

Sam Cronk
Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Folklore and Ethnomusicology
Special Projects, American Indian Studies Research Institute
Indiana University, Bloomington