ELT, continued

Hi George,

Thanks for the clarification on the size issue.

About vertically cut grooves: it was explained to me that the system works
by tracking and comparing the opposing groove walls from a nominally 45
degree angle: that the ELT system is predicated upon comparing the data
reflected from the two grooves walls.  If so, then how does it account for
purely vertical mudoulations?  When the outputs of a phonographic cartridge
are reverse phased, the resulting signal is derived from the stylus'
emulations of the groove.  IF I'm correctly recalling the explanation of
their pickp method,  then (at least as of last summer) it could not detect
such vertical movements.  If this is so, then reverse phasing the two
outputs could not yield best possible S/N & distortion from vertical cut
grooves.

Best,
Shiffy