A good transfer

I've been impressed by the new Sony UK release of Beecham conducting
music by Elgar.  It shows what a good engineer can get from a 50 year
old tape.  The sound is remarkably vivid, and much better than the vinyl
issues.

The engineer is Gary Moore of Universal Digital Mastering.  I haven't
found a web site.  It would be interesting to find out what condition
the tapes were in.

The disk is not yet released in the US but can be obtained from
Amazon.co.uk    -  search for "Beecham Elgar" under Classical Music.
Number is SMK89405

Regards
--
Don Cox