Re: arsclist sound cards 24/96

I'm sounding like the bloody Sek'd sales person...I don't have a Sek'd card, but I would certainly check them out if I was in the market. For what I do, my Zefiro Acoustics ZA2 digital card is perfect--I've built my operation around it. Several "golden ears" that I trust told me the SV-3800 DAT had excellent A-D converters. I bought that before I had the computer. I use it as my outboard A-Ds and I also get a DAT backup in case of one of those rare "Bill Gates Moments"

I WOULD suggest if you're doing serious, production work on the computer that you use a dedicated computer. I risk coasters when I try to surf the net, answer email, or do CD graphics (especially graphics) while burning CDs.

I also can't quite reliably ingest audio at the same time I'm burning CDs. I could perhaps tweak something, but I get buffer overflows on the ZA2...so certainly at 24/96 you need a dedicated machine.

Finally, reasonable disk storage is a non-issue. 26G suits my purposes for two-track 44.1/16.

Cheers,

Richard