RE: arsclist Digital Audio Workstations

 The folks at
> SADIE are saying
> they won't be supporting it any longer. Any thoughts?

I HATE when vendors do that! Nothing is forever but I do feel that there is
a responsibility to the clients to at least give them a migration path that
is not the same as having to go out and buy a new one at the same price you
would have paid anyhow. Some vendors antagonized their clients doing this to
such an extent that the existing clients essentially boycotted the company
and really killed the it - I will not give the EXACT name - but think
non-linear video editor that had the name CUBE in it. Sure the stuff get's
obsolete and the vendor cannot support it because THEY can't get parts any
more either, but give the existing customers a break and they will come back
for more every time... well that is what I think - but then again I do not
sell audio workstations..........

Jim Lindner