Preservation issues of cd - security strips

Hello all;

I recently received the position of Non-Print Conservator for the
libraries at Emory University in Atlanta.  My question is in regards to
placing 3M Tattle-Tape R2 Security Strips on CD's and I  was hoping that
some of you may have information on the pros and cons of putting these
tape strips onto the discs.  My belief is that over time the adhesives
on the back of the strips can begin to migrate onto the disc and thus
will eventually damage the cd's.  If anyone has any experience in
utilizing the security strips and can give me more information about
them I would really appreciate it.
begin:vcard
n:Watsky;Lance
tel;fax:404-727-0053
tel;work:404-727-4894
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://info.library.emory.edu/preservation/
org:Emory University Libraries;Preservation Office
adr:;;Woodruff Library, Rm.127;Atlanta;GA;30322-2870;U.S.A.
version:2.1
email;internet:lwatsky@xxxxxxxxx
title:Non-Print Conservator
fn:Lance Watsky