Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

surface-size press

A part of the papermaking machine, usually located between two drier sections, and used to apply relatively light coatings of a surface size or other material to the surface of the paper web. The unit may be vertically or horizontally oriented and is equipped to spray or otherwise apply material to one or both sides of the paper web as it moves through the papermaking machine. (17 )

[Search all CoOL documents]