Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. A device used to hold the leaves of a current issue, or several current issues, of a newspaper. It is, in effect, a split stick which grips the newspaper at the fold both inside and outside, and is held at the end by a thong or ring, or other type of fastener. 2. The metal holder in which type is set for stamping titles in a blocking press. 3. The implement used in setting printing type by hand, and called a composing stick. (12 , 259 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://