Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


A leaf, leaves, or an entire section of a book which has become detached and has been glued back into place. Although the technique is used by some bookbinders, it is a poor and usually ineffective method of repair. The term is also used (improperly) to describe an entire text block that has become loosened in its case and has been reset. (69 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://