Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

marbling rods

A pair of rods sloping toward the marbler, and used when marbling the covers of a book. The book is placed on the rods so that the extended boards rest on them, with the leaves hanging between. The tail of the book is lower than the head so that the colors will flow from head to tail. (97 )

[Search all CoOL documents]