Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

inside rolling block

A block of wood the thickness of a book so that its opened cover will lie perfectly flat on its top. It has a concave edge into which the rounded spine of the book fits, thus providing support for the entire cover up to the joint. It is used when finishing the inside of the cover, and tooling the turn-ins. Several sizes of block are required for books of different thicknesses. (115 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://