Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

fold and dye papers

Decorative end- and cover-papers which have been folded (in parallel folds several times or into accordion pleats) and painted with color along the edges and corners, or dipped into a dye or paint mixture. Japanese papers are usually used in this technique. (183 )

[Search all CoOL documents]