Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. See: FOLDER (1) . 2. A curved finishing tool having lines cut on its face, and used to impress an ornamental blind line or lines on a leather binding. 3. A machine used in edition and library binding for creasing the endpapers even with the back edge of the text block and sealing them down by means of heat. For this purpose, the cloth joint of the endpaper is coated with a heat-sealing adhesive. 4. A device employed in some folding machines for creasing coated papers. (94 , 264 , 322 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://