Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

C clamp

A C-shaped, general purpose clamp that grips between the open ends of the "C" by means of a long, flat-ended screw that threads through one end and presses the clamped material against the other end. It is used mainly for holding leather or book boards while using the SPOKESHAVE . It is called a "G-clamp" in Great Britain. (183 )

[Search all CoOL documents]