Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. A generic term for the pieces of wood, metal, or metal-edged wood used to assist in gripping books while in process of being bound. Such boards are used in pressing, backing, bundling, gilding, trimming, and other operations. 2. The state or condition of being IN BOARDS or OUT OF BOARDS . 3. See: BINDER'S BOARD .

[Search all CoOL documents]