Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

blank leaves

The unprinted leaves at the front and back of a book. They may be an integral part of the book as received from the publisher (printer's flyleaves), or they may be added by the bookbinder (binder's flyleaves). They are not necessarily part of the endpapers. (69 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://