Re: The hooks for coat-hangers.

Dear Colleagues,
we had exactly the same experience. The only thing we could find was "nicely" decorated, twisted, sculpted etc. pieces which cost a fortune.
You can search under the German word  "Kleiderbügelhaken", which will provide you with a few examples.

If you find a source for just normal screw in hooks (preferrably ones with a long neck), please post the address to the list.

Sincerely,
Karin von Lerber

Joanne Hackett schrieb:
I am forwarding this message on behalf of staff at a museum in Scotland.

'I would be very grateful if you could ask if anyone has a supplier for
screw tipped coat / dress hangers. We have made our own hangers from
conservation materials but are struggling to find metal screw in hooks.
Could anyone advise please?'

Does anyone know of a supplier of just the hooks of coat hangers, preferably in Scotland or UK.

Many Thanks
Joanne Hackett
Senior Textile Conservator
V&A

Baroque: Style in the Age of Magnificence
Supported by the V&A Director's Circle
Until 19 July 2009 at V&A South Kensington
Book now on www.vam.ac.uk

Snozzcumbers and Frobscottle! - The Wonderful World of Roald Dahl and
Quentin Blake
2 May - 6 September 2009 at the V&A Museum of Childhood
Admission Free

Keep in touch - visit www.vam.ac.uk and sign up for our regular
e-newsletter

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
only
for the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
or responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or
disclosure of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone
on 020 7942 2353. This message has been scanned for viruses by the
MessageLabs Email Security System.

--

16 Jahre Atelier für Textilkonservierung 10 Jahre Ideen für Museen

Prev art GmbH - Atelier für Textilkonservierung

CH - 8405 Winterthur // Oberseenerstrasse 93 // Tel. + 41 (0)52 233 12 54 // Fax + 41 (0)52 233 12 57
e-mail karin.vonlerber@xxxxxxxxxx // www.prevart.ch //
www.museumspraxis.org