From: Stephanie Guarneri [mailto:stephanie_guarneri@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 April 2009 17:03
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Flattening Nylon net

Dear all,
I find conservation Nylon net very difficult to flatten after dying it. I have tried ironing, steaming and also pinning it on a flat support while wet until it dries. But still, it always remains more or less wrinkled.
Any suggestion and solution for this matter, would be welcome!
Thanks

Stéphanie Ovide Guarneri
Textile Conservator
Paris

Vivien Chapman
Head of Objects Conservation
National Museums Liverpool
Tel: 0151 478 4841
Fax: 0151 478 4990

www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk

National Museums Liverpool Legal Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error please take no action based upon any information contained within it and delete it immediately without retaining a copy.

WARNING: This email has been checked by National Museums Liverpool for the presence of computer viruses.
However, National Museums Liverpool will not accept any liability and all recipients are advised to carry out their own virus checks upon receipt.

  National Museums Liverpool,  Textiles & Organics,  National Conservation Centre
Whitechapel,  Liverpool,  L1 6HZ  United Kingdom