Humidifiers

Hello

For approximately 8 months, part of our textile collection will be stored in a room without a dedicated HVAC system. It is a room within a heated/cooled brick building and there are no windows in the space, which should help buffer the outside climate. I am definitely planning to put a dehumidifier in the space for the summer months and had been planning on getting a humidifier for the winter, as the RH in the space right now is 13%. Is that the best plan of action for minimizing stress on the textiles? I know ideally, we need to keep the humidity at a constant rate near 50%, but if that is not possible, how unacceptable is having the textiles (in archival boxes) at the ambient winter RH levels, around 10-20% for a couple of months? How fast or slow is moisture equilibrium for textiles?

Thanks!
Diana

zlatanovski@xxxxxxxx