Storage of textiles

Hello everyone

I am Satya, working as JRF at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi, India.

We have a good amount of textile collection which we acquire during our research work. One such collection is of Phulkaris from Punjab. These are shawls made of Khaddar (a coarse homespun cloth made in India) and decorative designs embroidered with silk threads on it. These are yet to be shifted to the our main storage area.

Please suggest some inexpensive storage system for the temporary storage. Presently it is stored in a trunk in fold condition with some napthalene balls as preservative to prevent moths.

Regards
Satya