Re: Pressure Mounting

Dear Elpida

Many thanks for the information and time spent to email me.
Kindly a participant in that conference gave me her notes and handouts.
Thanks for the bibliography as well. Much obliged.

Konstantinos Chatziantoniou

Museum of Islamic Art
Cornice Street
Doha
P.O.Box 2777
Qatar

> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:13:06 +0300
> From: eba11-ec@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Pressure Mounting
> To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Dear Konstantine
>

> A very good colleague (textile conservator) and friend Morwena Stephens
> alerted me, some years ago, on a workshop on “Contact/pressure mounting”
> which was run by the UKIC and the British Museum(?). If I remember
> correctly, Morwena told me that the workshop was initially run in the USA.
> I am sure this workshop has produced quite a lot of very useful and relevant
> info on the subject, but I am afraid this is all I know about it. However,
> I am attaching a short reading list which you might find helpful. Moreover,
> product information sheets from manufacturing companies can provide very
> useful data, which worth looking at.
>

> Good luck and best regards from home!
>

> Elpida Christophoridou
>
> Textiles’ Conservator
>
> 11th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities
>
> Hellenic Ministry of Culture

Miss your Messenger buddies when on-the-go? Get Messenger on your Mobile!