From: Angelika Riley [mailto:Angelika.Riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 February 2008 10:50
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Storage of Tapestries

For the storage of our tapestries and carpets I use aluminium rollers with a diameter of 10 cm, cut to various length up to 6m. The rollers are padded with PE-padding and enveloped in cotton material. For some objects the diameter so achieved is still too small or the surface gets too soft. I am looking for a material (and European supplier) that could be safely used to add thickness to the rollers. It should be lightweight, not too soft and inexpensive. It also has to come as an “endless” material not in sheets like Ethafoam, which could otherwise be ideal. Thanks.

Angelika Riley

Fashion and Textiles/Textile Conservation

Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe

Steintorplatz

D-20099 Hamburg

Tel: +49 (0)40-428134-2753

Fax: +49 (0)40-427929235

www.mkg-hamburg.de

Vivien Chapman
Head of Organics Conservation
National Museums Liverpool
Tel: 0151 478 4841
Fax: 0151 478 4990

www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk

National Museums Liverpool Legal Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error please take no action based upon any information contained within it and delete it immediately without retaining a copy.

WARNING: This email has been checked by National Museums Liverpool for the presence of computer viruses.
However, National Museums Liverpool will not accept any liability and all recipients are advised to carry out their own virus checks upon receipt.

National Museums Liverpool,  Textiles & Organics,  National Conservation Centre, MGD Building, Whitechapel,  Liverpool,  L1 6HZ  United Kingdom