Textile conservator required

Title: Textile conservator required

Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Wellington, New Zealand

CONSERVATOR TEXTILES

We are looking for a textile conservator to join our Conservation Team until end of February 2009, while one of our textile conservators is on maternity leave.

This role supports a busy, demanding programme of exhibitions, acquisitions, lending and collection care. The textile collections include Maori, Pacific and European items, both contemporary and historic.

A recognised professional conservation qualification and experience as a conservator in a museum environment is essential for this role.  You will be capable and confident in assessing condition, carrying out conservation treatments and providing advice. Experience with museum collection databases will be an advantage. You will enjoy working co-operatively with other museum professionals and finding creative solutions to making collections accessible in safe and culturally-appropriate ways.

To find out more about the position please contact gilliana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or Te Papa’s website www.tepapa.govt.nz

Applications close 5pm Friday 15 February 2008

Visit the Te Papa website http://www.tepapa.govt.nz
The email message together with the accompanying attachments may be CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx immediately and delete the original message. The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be views of Te Papa.  Te Papa employs strict virus checking measures and accepts no liability for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising from the use of this message or any attached file.