From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Frisina, Ann
Sent: August 9, 2007 2:38 PM
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Researching suitable thread nips

Dee
Do you know which one you purchased?

Thanks
Ann
-----Original Message-----
From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dee Stubbs-Lee
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:49 AM
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've had good luck with the little scissors made for eye surgery (shudder!), though I haven't tried using them on such a large project so you mkight get sore fingers after a while. You can get some nice ones from Fine Science Tools (www.finescience.com)and plaes like that. They look a bit like tweezers -- nice for fine work.

Dee Stubbs-Lee

Conservator,

The New Brunswick Museum

277 Douglas Avenue