Re: FW: Sticky Metal zippers...

When our zippers get sticky, my grandmother would rub plain wax candles along the zipper, it always seems to solve the problem. It's certainly an option to consider.

Season
Season Tse
Senior Conservation Scientist/Chemist
Conservation Research
Canadian Conservation Institute
Canadian Heritage
1030 Innes Rd.
Ottawa, ON
Canada
K1A 0M5
Tel: (613) 998-3721 x-187
Fax:(613) 998-4721
email: season_tse@xxxxxxxxx
Websites: www.cci-icc.gc.ca  &  www.preservation.gc.ca

"Ballard, Mary" <BallardM@xxxxxx>
Sent by: Textile Conservators <TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

25/04/2007 02:29 PM

Please respond to
Textile Conservators <TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
FW: Metal zippers...dry teflon lubricant